Pages

June 28, 2011

Whole 30 - Day 10

And we're one third of the way there! Day 10 of the Whole 30.
Time seems to be flying.


Today someone asked me, as I was telling about my CrossFit WOD last Saturday, if I didn't eat too little food to do a workout like that. It took me quite some effort not to start laughing, but I managed to reply that I in fact eat a whole lot of food, but that I eat lots of protein and fat instead of carbs. And that fat is an excellent energy source, so I got more than enough food. (I got a weird stare when mentioning fat, and a few more after that)


I took this morning's breakfast as an example of my food intake. The -pretty standard- reply I got: 'Yuck... Beef and eggs?? For breakfast?? Even the smell of it in the morning would make me sick!'
I couldn't resist adding that I actually look forward to my breakfast when I wake up..
Must be so hard for someone surviving on cheese sandwiches (or crackers), yogurt and some fruit for most part of the day to understand that there in fact is a different way of eating. And that that way of eating will make you feel energized, able to do tough workouts, think straight all day long and you can even eat as much food as you feel like. Not the plain and simple kind of food, no, nutritious, wholesome, delicious food!
Oh and it will also make you healthier, just a side note..


Enough said.
Here's what I ate today!


Whole 30 day 10 - 1
Breakfast:
Leftover creamy Arabic steak, 1/2 avocado, cherry tomatoes and a 3-egg kohlrabi leaf fritatta, garnished with cilantro

Whole 30 day 10 - 2
Lunch:
Broccoli stem, cucumber, tomatoes, 1/2 avocado and grilled salmon (with EVOO and lemon juice)

Whole 30 day 10 - 3
Dinner:
Leftover beef stew (with onion, carrot and tomato) with some cilantro, cherry tomatoes and a chopped turnip

3 comments:

  1. Breakfast looks pretty tasty to me! I actually enjoy eating a warm and big breakfast too.

    Edmund

    ReplyDelete