Pages

June 7, 2011

Mom's Sunbutter Satay Sauce

Had a really busy day yesterday (internship) so I didn't have any time to post a new recipe, let alone cook anything. I got up at 5 a.m., had some leftovers from the oven dish my mom made on Sunday (she gave me the leftovers, yum!!) and lunch consisted of a few chicken burgers with carrots. Back at the train station, before going home, I was pretty hungry so I bought some guacamole (most paleo friendly food they had that would actually fill me up) and back home I had some cucumber and a scrambled egg.


Today was less busy, just another day at work, and a tough 300 workout afterwards. Not the original 300 Spartan Workout of course, but my trainer made me an adapted one and I loved it! It was pretty hard today, not too hard though, but according to my trainer it should be less easy for me so I'm going to add some more weight next time.
Here it is:
- 25 push ups
- 25 ring pull ups
- 25 squat med ball push pass
- 50 overhead kettlebell swings
- 50 rack pulls
- 25 squat med ball push pass
- 50 kettlebell deadlifts
- 25 push ups
- 25 ring pull ups



Mom's sunbutter satay sauce

And I also promised to share my mom's recipe for sunbutter satay sauce with you. It's all paleo, and delicious!! I only thought about taking a picture of it when we were done eating and we finished just about all of the satay sauce, but I guess that only makes it clear how good this sauce is, right?
Anyway, just try it, and enjoy!



Mom's Sunbutter Satay Sauce
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 1 cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunbutter
- 3/4 coconut milk
- pinch of salt


1. Combine chili pepper, ginger and garlic in a food processor and process until everything is very finely chopped.
2. Bring coconut milk to a boil in a saucepan and stir in the sunbutter, spice mixture and some salt.
3. Simmer over low heat until it has reached your desired thickness. This will take approx. 4-5 minutes.
4. Serve over meat of your choice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment