Pages

June 8, 2011

Tandoori chicken with leftovers

Tandoori chicken

I didn't exactly have a lot of food in my fridge except for some veggies I often use in the same way. Yesterday I figured it might be a smart thing to do to chop them up so it would take me less time to make dinner after work for at least a few days in a row.
This morning I fried some chicken breasts, so dinner would be made even more quickly tonight.
I ended up turning all of this into Tandoori chicken, which tasted really good! It's the perfect dish to use up any leftovers, and it'll be done in a matter of minutes.
My Tandoori marinade/curry paste came from Cofresh, something I found at the local supermarket a while ago. It's gluten free and paleo too! It only contains some salt, no sugar, no cornstarch or other crappy additives.
If you like your tandoori chicken to be more like a curry, you can always add some coconut milk to the recipe below.


Tandoori chicken (serves 2)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced butternut squash
- 400g cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup Tandoori paste
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp coconut oil


1. Heat coconut oil in a wok or skillet and fry onion until soft. Add vegetables and fry for approx. 3 minutes until they start to soften.
2. Add shredded chicken, tandoori paste and coconut and fry for another 2-3 minutes until well-combined and hot.
3. Stir in the cilantro during the last minute. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment