Pages

June 19, 2011

Whole 30 - Day 1

Here it is; my first day of the Whole 30! And not just my first day; Rob, from PrimalFood is joining me as well!


I made sure my first day was a good one and started with a good breakfast.
Next up: a tough workout that would get my metabolism going for sure. I did my first WOD from CrossFit.com ever, the Lumberjack 20. Of course I had to modify the weights I used, and there happened to be a nice track around the building my gym is located in that was a little over 500m so I used that for my runs.
It was pretty hard, and it took me approx. 33 minutes to complete. I enjoyed it though!


- 20 Deadlifts (24kg kettlebell)
- Run 500m
- 20 KB swings (16kg)
- Run 500m
- 20 Overhead Squats (20kg barbell)
- Run 500m
- 20 Burpees
- Run 500m
- 20 Pullups (using a purple rubber band for assistance)
- Run 500m
- 20 Box jumps
- Run 500m
- 20 DB Squat Cleans (using 8kg DBs)
- Run 500m



I spent the rest of the day studying, cooking, doing household chores etc. Since it's been raining all day, I couldn't go outside much and that made this day slightly dreadful. Hopefully it'll be better by tomorrow!
Here's what I ate today:



Whole 30 day 1 - 1
Breakfast: 
Three egg scramble with onion, zucchini, fresh chives, and a few cherry tomatoes.

Whole 30 day 1 - 2


Lunch:
Fried chicken thigh + leg, with cabbage and carrot 'noodles'

Whole 30 day 1 - 3


Dinner:
Steak tartar, fried egg and oven roasted broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment