June 23, 2011
Cauliflower fried rice
Finally, another recipe! This is what I made for breakfast this morning. Of course it's not exactly breakfast food, but I woke up pretty early and figured I might as well make myself a good meal. I served it with some beef stew and 1/2 avocado, kept me going all morning!
You could also add some chicken or salmon pieces to the cauliflower to turn it into a meal on its own. Be creative!
Cauliflower fried rice (serves 2)
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 sprig lemongrass, very finely chopped
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger root (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Take 1 tsp of the coconut oil and heat it in a frying pan. In the mean time, whisk your eggs in a bowl.
2. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and make a thin omelet. Transfer to a plate.
3. Cut your cauliflower into smaller florets and grind them in a food processor until a rice-like consistency.
4. Heat the remaining coconut oil in a wok or skillet and fry the onion until soft. Add pepper, lemongrass and ginger and fry for a few minutes before adding the cauliflower rice.
5. Stir-fry for just 30 seconds, then add the turmeric, coriander and cumin and fry for another 1 to 2 minutes over medium-low heat.
6. In the mean time, cut your omelet into thin strips.
7. Stir the lemon juice, cilantro and omelet into the cauliflower rice, remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!