Pages

June 29, 2011

Chili lime chicken

Whole 30 day 11 - 3

Another Asian-style chicken recipe! Yup, I often make chicken this way, but I use different spices every time. My mom taught me everything about spices and they way they can make every dish taste better.
I have to say that this recipe worked out really well. And am I glad I've got more chicken, limes and cilantro, because I will be making it again really soon!
It's tasty and very healthy as well.
Why is it healthy?
It contains:
- coconut oil: good source of fat (want to know more about fats? Read this article on Balanced Bites)
- turmeric: has anti-inflammatory properties
- chili: helps the body to cool down during hot days
- chicken: lean protein, what's not to love?
- cilantro: anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, just to name a few (read this article for more info about cilantro)
Did I mention it's tasty yet? Oh and it's really quick and easy too..
Anyway, just try it.


Chili lime chicken (serves 2)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 400g chicken breasts, diced
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil


1. Heat coconut oil in a wok or skillet and fry onions until soft.
2. Add chicken and fry until browned, then stir in the coconut cream, turmeric and chili flakes and bring to a simmer.
3. When the sauce has become really thick, stir in the lime zest and juice and the fresh cilantro.
4. Serve hot, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment