Pages

June 26, 2011

Creamy Arabic steak

Whole 30 day 8 - 3


To be honest, I don't like beef steak all that much, unless it has been cooked properly and there are no tough parts. An almost impossible result to achieve at home, unless you pay a whole lot of money for a decent piece of meat. That's also why I usually make stews. Very tender and tasty beef, doesn't cost much and you still get yourself some good quality protein!
What else could you wish for?
Today however, I realised I still had some steak in my freezer, that needed to be used. After over a month in my freezer I figured it wouldn't be so tender anymore so I decided to chop it up, marinate it and add a creamy sauce. Pretty good!
Would have been even better if I'd had some fresh herbs to add, but I didn't.. Of course you should definitely add some mint or cilantro to this dish if you happen to have some!


Creamy Arabic steak (serves 2)
- 300g beefsteak, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Arabic spices
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tsp coconut oil


1. Stir the Arabic spices into the olive oil in a large bowl and stir in the diced steak until well covered with the marinade.
2. Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, preferably more.
3. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the onions and garlic until soft. Remove from pan and transfer to a bowl.
4. Fry the marinated steak over high heat until browned on all sides.
5. Stir in the coconut cream and onions with garlic and mix well.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment