Pages

June 12, 2011

Vindaloo Salmon

Vindaloo Salmon

What a nice, relaxing day today. To be honest, I didn't even get my ass out of the house today and I probably won't for the rest of the day either. Yes, I'm being Lazy today..
I did do some studying however, so that makes up for it, right?


Plus I've been watching a few movies so far, did some holiday research, and.. some cooking. I didn't exactly make anything really special today. I planned to roast a chicken but then decided I would make this vindaloo salmon instead, because I had been browsing through my fridge and kitchen cabinets to check what wouldn't be allowed on my Whole 30 that I'm going to start next week.
The vindaloo curry paste had cornstarch in it (probably just very little, but still..), so I decided to use some of it today because I'm not sure if it'll keep for a month. And I might not want it anymore after my Whole 30.
My other 2 curry pastes passed the paleo test and were classified 'for occasional use' because of the added salt. (probably a lot more than when I'd add salt myself)
I also checked the meat in my freezer and the lamb sausages do contain a few additives. Will be eating those in the upcoming week.

So all in all, that's not too bad, is it?

As for the vindaloo, if you are able to find paleo vindaloo curry paste, please let me know! I love vindaloo..
I served it with some stir-fried cabbage, with curry powder, caraway seeds and lemon juice. Quite good!
The shii-takes in the vindaloo make a huge difference and add lots of flavour, be sure not to leave them out. Some raisins would be tasty in it as well, those take the edge off of the spiciness.



Vindaloo Salmon (serves 2)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 heaping tbsp vindaloo curry paste
400g salmon fillets, diced
- 100g shii-takes, chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil


1. Heat coconut oil in a skillet and saute the onion for a few minutes until soft.
2. Add curry paste and fry for another minute to release the flavours.
3. Stir in the salmon and reduce heat to medium, fry for approx. 5 minutes before stirring in the shii-takes.
4. Simmer over low heat for another 2 minutes, serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment