Pages

June 11, 2011

Easy breakfast chicken-pumpkin scramble

Chicken-pumpkin scramble

This morning I figured I'd give myself a good start by making this high-protein breakfast. I served it with some oven-roasted bimi (which is even yummier than roasted broccoli!) from last night.
I had gone to bed at 10p.m. but woke up at 4.30 already with an empty stomach. Luckily I was able to sleep for a while but I still managed to wake up before 6 again and feeling really fit. What a change since the last couple of days!
Perhaps the hard days of carb withdrawal symptoms are over now. Finally. And hey, it wasn't that hard!! Why did I cave in every single weekend over the last couple of weeks? I just don't know. I also don't have a clue why it feels different and easier this time.
I've already been eating along the guidelines of the Whole 30 this week, but I am getting hungrier by the day and need huge amounts of food. I'm still going to keep my starting date of the Whole 30 after my birthday though. 
And yeah, that's because I know my mom's going to make me an awesome and delicious pie and I don't want to miss out on that, and I'm not going to either. Plus I want to stick to my Whole 30 plan for 30 days, no cheating, so I'm going to have to wait another week to start. Until then, I'm already enjoying the benefits of eating clean.


I'll be spending the afternoon and evening in Amsterdam today, having a good time with a friend. We're also planning to go to see a movie and hopefully I won't be hungry, thus able to resist buying popcorn. They really just don't have any paleo-friendly snacks at movie theatres.. (unless you only eat the salsa that is supposed to come with tortilla chips)



Chicken-pumpkin scramble (serves 1)
-  2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp coconut oil


1. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut milk.
2. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry diced pumpkin for approx. 4 minutes over high heat until they're starting to get soft.
3. Add chicken, cinnamon, ginger and caraway seeds and fry for another minute.
4. Reduce heat to medium and pour the egg-mixture over the chicken and pumpkin and stir occasionally, turning it into a scramble.
5. After approx. 5 minutes everything will be cooked, you can now stir in the fresh thyme.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment