Pages

May 31, 2011

Celeriac fritters

Celeriac fritters

Once again, a recipe for fritters! I just love fritters so I couldn't help myself. These were part of my breakfast this morning.
I'd never really grated a celeriac, except for using a peeler to make thick noodles, but my Magimix did the job wonderfully. And this was a whole new way of using celeriac, because I normally just add it to stews or curries and I occasionally turn it into fries. In all of these methods, the celeriac usually takes a longer time to cook than any other vegetable I add, which isn't exactly a problem, but I consider it to be inconvenient.
Anyhow, enough nagging about celeriacs; it's a delicious veggie, and you should try these fritters!



Celeriac fritters (serves 1)
- 1/2 celeriac, skin removed and thinly grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- small handful of raisins
- 2 tbsp coconut oil


1. In a bowl, combine celeriac, eggs, cilantro, coconut flour, spices and raisins and mix well with a spoon.
2. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a frying pan and drop in a 1/4 cup sized amount of the mixture and flatten with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Make 4 fritters this way, then reduce heat to medium.
3. Flip after about a minute, when the fritters are browned. Fry for another minute until the other sides have browned as well, then transfer them to a plate.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and make 4 more fritters by repeating the previous steps.
5. Serve hot or cold and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These are so good, even for breakfast with an egg. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need to add the coconut flour to it? Can it be made without coconut flour?

    ReplyDelete