Pages

May 10, 2011

Homemade olive basil tapenade

Homemade olive basil tapenade

Just a quick post today.. Yesterday I've been busy planning my trip to the USA almost all afternoon and evening and it's not going as I want it to. I have way too many things I want to see, and too little time to do so. What a shame..
So now I've been thinking what places I should let go for now and what I want to see most of all. (which is pretty much everything I planned, but that's not going to work) I didn't even sleep that well because of it!
Anyway, I went for a run this morning (I woke up early..) which went just great and made me realise I've still got plenty of time to figure all of this out.
Maybe I should skip Colorado? I really don't want to though..

Anyway, I made some olive and basil tapenade this weekend. My first attempt on something like this. For serving, I chopped up a large tomato and a yellow pepper, but a generous amount (approx. 2 tbsp) of tapenade on top and mixed well. Along with some grilled salmon, it made a nice dinner.

Tomato pepper salad with tapenade and salmon

Homemade olive basil tapenade
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- black pepper

1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until a coarse mixture forms.
2. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
3. Use on whatever food you like and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment