May 16, 2011
Chicken stuffed pumpkin
Apparently, blogger has been deleting some of my posts which are now marked as 'concept' posts. So I'm posting them once again..
Here's the recipe for Chicken stuffed pumpkin!
Chicken stuffed pumpkin (serves 2)
- 1 small pumpkin
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 250g cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Wash the pumpkin, cut it in half and scoop out the seeds. Put the two halves on some parchment paper on a baking tray (cut sides up) and roast them for 45 minutes in the oven.
3. While your pumpkin is roasting, heat the coconut oil in a wok or skillet and fry the sping onions for about a minute until soft.
4. Add chicken, curry powder, ginger and cinnamon and fry for another minute until heated through.
5. Stir in the spinach and fry until wilted.
6. When the pumpkin is done, put the oven grill on.
7. Fill the pumpkin halves with the chicken mixture and create a small hole in the middle.
8. Crack an egg into each hole and put the pumpkin back in the oven.
9. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the eggs have reached your desired doness, serve hot and enjoy!