Pages

May 30, 2011

Apricot spice cookies

Apricot spice cookies

I made these cookies last Saturday because my mom came over to visit. I hate it when I don't have any baked goods available for my guests. The amount of dough could've easily made 8-10 cookies, but I decided to make just 4 cookies. While these were baking I quickly dusted and vacuumed my home, and I took a shower while they were cooling.
Dried apricots make a great base for any cookie or cake, they add sweetness, a lovely texture and help everything stick together like it should. These cookies are firm on the outside, but still have a bit of softness on the inside, yum!


Today is going to be a busy day for me! I'm going to the market for my weekly veggie supply, do some studying, write a letter to a penpal (yes I have those, and it's great fun!) and I'll probably look into my holiday plans once again as well. Oh and not to forget some running! And I also still want new shoes.. I guess I better get going right now!



Apricot spice cookies
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cookie spices
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a foodprocessor, combine apricots, egg and coconut oil. Process for approx. 10 seconds.
3. Add walnuts and almonds and process until crumbly.
4. Add baking powder, cinnamon, cookie spices and desiccated coconut and process until a doughball forms.
5. Knead in the pistachios with your hands and divide the dough into 4 equal pieces.
6. Roll the pieces into balls, put them on the prepared baking tray and flatten them with your hands to make cookies.
7. Bake for approx. 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for about half an hour and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These sound so yummy. I'm going to have to try a coconut free version. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete