Pages

May 28, 2011

Cinnamon pancakes

Cinnamon pancakes

I just had a really great day with my mom, who came over to visit me. We made a lovely meal together (recipe will be posted later) and enjoyed ourselves browsing around in the city center of Nijmegen. Shopping, eating, food shopping.. Great times!
My mom got me a super nice dress (I feel so spoiled!) and some yummy chocolates too. Foodwise, we enjoyed ourselves at the Asian supermarket, and couldn't resist having some (dairy-free) ice-cream.

Yesterday's breakfast consisted of cinnamon pancakes (with avocado and sausage stir-fry) and so did my breakfast the day before. The reason I made these pancakes twice is because I wasn't too satisfied with the result the first time. In my second batch I used less coconut flour and they worked out much better. So, here's the recipe;



Cinnamon pancakes (serves 1)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cookie spice (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, liquid

1. In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder and spices.
2. In another bowl, combine eggs, coconut milk and 2 tbsp coconut oil. Mix well.
3. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk well to create a smooth batter.
4. Heat the remaining coconut oil in a frying pan and drop in 1/4 cup of the batter. Slightly tilt the pan to spread the batter a little.
5. Fry for about 1 minute over medium heat, then flip it over and fry for 2 more minutes.
6. Transfer the pancake to a pan and repeat process with the remaining batter. This will make you 4 pancakes.
7. Serve hot or cold and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment