May 23, 2011
Coconut tortillas with Mexican beef
Yesterday I found this amazing recipe for Primal Tex-Mex Tortillas at Mark's Daily Apple, and figured I should try it. His seasoning recipe is tasty too, but I made my own version, which you can see below.
His blog post says that these tortillas are the best primal ones out there so far, and well, they are! They're really easy to make, firm, won't fall apart when you flip them and they actually resemble tortillas, without the grains of course. Yum!! Made me a really good breakfast this morning and I thought I'd share it with everyone.
Coconut tortillas with Mexican beef (serves 2)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 300g ground beef
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- black pepper
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 coconut tortillas (click here for the recipe)
1. First of all, prepare your coconut tortillas according to the recipe.
2. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry onion until soft.
3. Add ground beef and spices and fry until browned, then add the yellow pepper and fry for a few more minutes'.
4. Put 2 tortillas on 2 large plates and divide the lettuce over them. Top with the beef mixture, some tomato slices and chopped coriander leaves. Serve, and enjoy!