May 4, 2011
Mini Paleo apricot cake
Here it is, my last bake for now. Looks good, doesn't it? I love the way the picture turned out and the way it tasted too. Very yummy, and a good 'last cheat meal' indeed. (although I decided to change my way of eating after eating this, not before)
The batter is actually really versatile, you could add some baking powder and make muffins out of it, or drop it on a baking tray and turn it into scones. The baking time will be slightly different, but as long as it's golden brown it will probably be done and taste just fine. This mini cake is slightly moist inside, which makes it even better.
Mini Paleo apricot cake (serves 2)
- 1/2 cup chopped apricots
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- some pecans, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. In a foodprocessor, combine apricots, almond flour, coconut, eggs and oil and process until smooth.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the flaxseed, raisins and walnuts.
4. Grease a small springform (or cake tin) and put your apricot mixture in it. Press down and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
5. Press in some pecans and bake for approx. 25 minutes until golden brown and still a little moist inside.
6. Cool for at least an hour, serve and enjoy!