May 5, 2011
Cajun grilled salmon
My first day off out of 5, and I made the most of it! Went to the gym this morning and had a good workout, I still don't really succeed in doing my bench presses, but at least I tried and it seems to get slightly easier every time.
In the afternoon, I went for a run, 35 minutes. I got a little tired halfway, but in the end I could pick up my pace again and it felt so easy. Hopefully that pace will set in right from the start during my race next week!
I just got back from the cinema, watched Fast Five, and loved it! Somehow I love movies that involve fast cars and action scenes. Not sure why..
Anyway, I made myself a tasty dinner out of some oven roasted broccoli and this cajun grilled salmon! Yum!
Cajun grilled salmon (serves 1)
- 1 salmon fillet (approx. 150g)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cajun spices
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and rub the salmon fillet with the cajun spices.
2. Fry salmon over medium heat for approx. 3 minutes on each side until it has a nice brown crust and is still pink on the inside. Cooking time depends on the thickness of your fillet.
3. Serve hot with veggies of your choice and enjoy!