May 6, 2011
Curry burgers with cucumber salad
I just love hamburgers..
So that's why I made myself some curry burgers yesterday, along with a tasty cucumber salad. These burgers were a lot flatter when I had just shaped them, but they ended up looking slightly like meatballs. Ah well, they tasted good and that's what matters.
Ever since watching Fast Five yesterday I keep listening to this song:
Don Omar - Danza Kuduro
Who doesn't feel like Summer after listening to this song?? Mental note to self: put this song on a cd or USB-stick to listen during my roadtrip in the USA in August. I mean.. Hot, sunny weather, car windows open, sunglasses on, and this song as loud as still sounds ok. What else can you wish for in a beautiful country like that?
Curry burgers (serves 3)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 450g ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until well-combined and a coarse mixture forms.
2. Shape the mixture into 9 small burgers.
3. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers for approx. 8-10 minutes over medium heat until done, flip halfway.
4. Serve hot with veggies of your choice and enjoy!
Cucumber salad (serves 2)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp celery leaves, chopped
- black pepper
1. Wash the cucumber and grate it over a bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut cream, lemon juice, celery leaves and black pepper to create a dressing.
3. Pour the dressing over the cucumber and mix well.
4. Divide over 2 plates, serve and enjoy!