Pages

May 20, 2011

Chicken avocado salad

Chicken avocado salad

It's Weekend once again!
Time to relax, cook, get active, and clean my home.. The last thing isn't exactly my hobby but it needs to happen. I guess it's a good thing I only have a small home; it takes much less time to clean it.
Somehow I'm always quite lazy on Friday nights, I guess I'm just tired from the work week that lies behind me. I actually planned to have a rest day tomorrow, but I've switched it and made today my rest day. I'll simply go running tomorrow morning, before heading to Amsterdam! Yes, I'm going to spend the afternoon over there, will probably have a nice paleo meal over there as well at my favourite burger joint.

On Sunday I'm going to clean my home, work out at the gym and I'm not sure what else. I'll probably try to get creative in the kitchen too. After all, there still is a chicken in my freezer which just wants to be roasted..! Oh and holiday planning of course. Which is the obvious thing to do for me these days.

Here's a recipe for a tasty salad using shredded chicken; enjoy!

Chicken avocado salad (serves 1)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley

1. Combine chicken and avocado in a bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the other ingredients to make your dressing.
3. Pour the dressing over the chicken and avocado and mix well.
4. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment