Pages

May 19, 2011

Salmon celery patties

Salmon celery patties

Planning my roadtrip is still going well so far. People are giving me lots and lots of travel tips and ideas; where to go, where to work out, where to eat, and much more. I love discovering new things! If only my debit card would arrive soon.. Then I could start making reservations..

I made some salmon patties last night, and well, they were absolutely delicious! I often make the mistake of adding too much coconut flour and they end up dry, but these were still nice and moist and the celery gives them a huge flavour boost. This recipe definitely is a keeper and I will be making these much more often!

I served it with some stir-fried bok choy, keeping it really simple just by adding some creamed coconut and black pepper, and.. arrowroot! Thanks to Elana's recipe for Ginger Bok Choy! She uses arrowroot in her recipe to thicken the sauce and it works so well. I only needed 1/2 tbsp for a huge bok choy, and it thickened right away. Normally, lots of flavour stays behind in the fluids from the bok choy when stir-frying, but this way it tastes much better. Besides, I hate it when those fluids run all across my plate, soaking everything along the way, and that didn't happen either!

Salmon celery patties (serves 2)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1 egg
- 300g salmon fillet, diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground mustard seeds
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil

1. In a food processor, pulse together the onion and celery leaves, until finely chopped.
2. Add egg, salmon, lemon juice, coconut flour and spices and process for approx. 10 seconds until a smooth mass has formed.
3. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and drop one heaping tablespoon of the mixture at a time in the pan. Flatten with the back of a spoon. Repeat with the rest of the mixture, making approx. 6 patties.
4. Fry patties for a few minutes over medium heat, then flip them over.
5. After another few minutes, when patties are golden brown on both sides, transfer them to a plate, serve hot and enjoy!

If you have any leftovers from these, they're also really good when served cold the next day. I'm going to take mine with me for lunch tomorrow, and have them with a salad. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment