Pages

May 4, 2011

Chicken banana curry

Chicken banana curry

Had a good breakfast this morning. Although it didn't last me very long, unfortunately.. It should have, and it normally would, but today I was hungry again at 11.30. So hungry I had to buy myself a hard boiled egg at the hospital's restaurant to get some protein into my stomach.
Nonetheless, this breakfast tasted really good, thanks to the added banana and spices!
Today's such a weird day though. I've been hungry pretty much all day, having huge cravings, and giving in to them too... The only good thing about that is that I now have run out of nuts (except for some walnuts which I'm too lazy to crack) and I won't allow myself to buy new ones.
I'm feeling pretty guilty now (and my stomach hurts, apparently nuts simply don't digest very well anymore..) and after watching some really inspirational CrossFit youtube movies, I've decided to make a change: I'm going to see food as an essential thing to keep me healthy, but not as something that will comfort me. Food is for hungry times, and for me it seems to be mostly about wanting to eat instead of actually being hungry. So it's a big change for me.. Everytime I allow myself to eat sweet things, I end up getting addicted to carbs again, and everytime it's much harder to get over it. My willpower usually lasts 2 weeks at most, and then I binge on potato chips, dried fruits, nuts, chocolate, etc.
Not exactly the best idea when you want to feel healthier, because it takes a couple of days to recover from that and that's exactly the point at which the carb cravings kick in once again.
My solution: cut back on carbs (less fruits, no nuts, no cheating), let the cravings and detox kick in and get on with your life because it will pass. It might take a while, but it will.
So, (I've said this a number of times already), but as of tomorrow, my attitude towards food will shift, and it's going to work.
My goal: get into shape before leaving for the USA in August. I'm planning to visit some CrossFit gyms to attend workouts over there, just to see what real CrossFit is like in the USA, and I want to make sure I'm up to it.


Ok, so here's my breakfast recipe, which you can actually have at pretty much every time of the day. I served it on some grated carrot, made a good combo!

Chicken banana curry (serves 1)
- 175g chicken fillet, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 cup thick coconut cream
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a wok or skillet and fry onion until soft.
2. Add chicken and fry until browned, then add the spices. Stir-fry for about a minute.
3. Add coconut cream and sliced banana, and simmer over low heat for approx. 5 minutes, until banana is soft.
4. Serve over veggies of your choice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment