Pages

May 17, 2011

Creamy spiced cabbage with pan-grilled plaice

Creamy spiced cabbage with plaice

My favourite kind of fish is plaice. I simply adore it.. But I hardly ever eat it anymore because it's rather expensive. This weekend however, my parents brought me a huge load of beef and chicken, and.. a package of plaice!! Thanks mom and dad :-D
They also got me a large assortment of tea (herbal tea and green tea) with all flavours I love. They really spoiled me once again!

New tea collection

So of course I had to prepare my plaice today. I like it best when it's pan-grilled and by using some simple spices. So I just heated some coconut oil in my pan, grilled the fillets until browned on both sides and then spiced them with some fish spices.
Along with this creamy spiced cabbage, they made a really good lunch!

Creamy spiced cabbage (serves 2)
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 100g shii-take mushrooms, chopped
- 1 head chinese/napa cabbage, chopped
- 2 tbsp creamed coconut
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a skillet or wok and fry spring onions and shii-takes for approx. 1 minute.
2. Add cabbage and as soon as it starts wilting, add the spices and the creamed coconut, along with 1/4 cup of water.
3. Keep stir-frying until the cabbage has wilted and the creamed coconut has dissolved completely.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment