Pages

February 8, 2011

Sprouts and sausages

Sprouts and sausages

All I seem to think about all day is food and travelling.. Honestly, sometimes it's driving me crazy!
My mind always wanders off to one of these topics. 'Where should I travel next?' and, and this is what pops up into my mind most often 'What should I eat tonight?'. And when I've already decided about that, I think of other meals or make up recipes in my mind. Of course those don't always work out as well as I imagined them, but the ideas keep popping up.
It's hard for me to understand why some people don't like to cook. Where's their inspiration? Or are they insecure or afraid to try something new? I don't know..

Tonight I made myself some brussels sprouts, with organic chipolata sausages. Will be having this again for breakfast tomorrow!

Sprouts and sausages (serves 2)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250g (beef) sausages, chopped up
- 500g brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 small parsnips, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a skillet or frying pan and sautee onion and garlic until soft.
2. Add sausages and sautee until almost cooked, then stir in the thyme.
3. Add sprouts and parsnips and fry for 7-10 minutes, until the sprouts are tender but not too soft.
4. Divide over 2 plates and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment