Pages

February 16, 2011

Oven baked leeks and sausages

Oven baked leeks and sausages

As I expected, pretty much all my muscles hurt today.. It's not as bad as I thought it would be though, so I'm actually pleasantly surprised. Let's see what tomorrow's workout will bring.. I'm already looking forward to it.
Yesterday I realised I didn't have any post work-out food ready, so I'm going to bake my own version of this very tasty looking Chocolate Spice Zucchini bread from Kelly at The Spunky Coconut later this evening. And after a good work-out, I'll spread a slice with some coconut cream.. Yum!
Egg muffins might be a good idea as post work-out food too.




For dinner I made myself an easy oven dish, it makes 3 servings, so breakfast for the next 2 days has been covered!
Boiled leeks with potato mash and a hard boiled egg used to be my favourite food when I was little, especially with some mustard. I found a whole bunch of leeks at the market last Monday and while I normally just add them to a dish to get some more veggies into it, I figured I might as well make them the base of a dish. Together with my favourite chipolata beef sausages, apple, thyme and rosemary, and of course some eggs, it all turned into this oven dish. I love the smell it spreads through my home!

Oven baked leeks and sausages (serves 3)
- 250g beef sausages, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 leeks, coarsely chopped
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp powdered ginger
- black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 eggs

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius, and heat the coconut oil in a skillet or frying pan.
2. Fry the chopped sausages and garlic for a few minutes, until the sausages are browned.
3. Add leeks and sautee for approx. 5 minutes until they're starting to get soft.
4. Remove from heat and stir in diced apple, thyme, rosemary, ginger and some black pepper.
5. Scoop the mixture into an oven dish.
6. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and pour over the vegetables.
7. Bake for approx. 30 - 35 minutes until set and slightly browned. Serve hot and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds absolutely LOVELY, Marinka. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete