Pages

February 4, 2011

Apple cinnamon cookies

Apple cinnamon cookies

I'm so glad these cookies worked out well! They're really tasty and nutty, especially because of the walnuts, but the apples make them taste refreshing too. I really enjoyed having one after breakfast this morning, together with my morning cup of jasmine green tea.
There's no need to add any agave or other sweetener to these cookies, because the apples make them sweet enough.
So if anyone's looking for a paleo snack, you could try these!


I love having nuts for a snack, but I should try and make 'nutless' snacks as well.
And as soon as my energy levels are going up again, I'm going to join a gym where they can train me crossfit-style. Can't wait!

Apple cinnamon cookies 2

Apple cinnamon cookies (makes 8 cookies)
- 2 medium, sweet apples
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Cut the apples into large chunks and remove the core.
3. Add the apples and egg to a food processor and process until you've got a smooth puree.
4. In a bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir in the apple puree until well-combined.
5. Add walnuts and stir well.
6. Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking tray and flatten them with the back of a spoon to make cookies.
7. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until golden-brown. Let them cool for a while and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment