February 19, 2011
Aromatic chicken curry
First of all, thanks to Elana for posting a link to my website! In just one day, I got almost 300 visitors (instead of 20, like I usually get). So, hello everyone, I'm glad you're visiting and I hope you like the recipes! Feel free to leave comments on my posts :)
And for everyone who doesn't know about Elana's Pantry; make sure to check out Elana's website and her Black and White cake.
After following Robert J. Stone's 'Experiment' on the primal lifestyle for a few weeks (check out his blog; primalfood.wordpress.com!) and watching YouTube movies on CrossFit and seeing people get all these amazing results and a huge change of body composition, I realised I better make a 'before' picture of myself too.
So this morning I made my very own 'before' picture and measured myself. I've already dropped some pounds, but I figured it would be nice to keep track of the changes over time.
My weight is: 56.1 kg
My waist measures: 67 cm
I wonder what's going to happen when I keep doing CrossFit and watching my diet. So far, I feel great living like this so I'm definitely going to keep up the good work.
I also cracked the coconuts I bought last Monday, and I tried doing so without putting them in the oven first. This works just as well, and the best thing about it is that the meat won't end up being dry from the baking. I just had to smack it a little harder with my hammer, but if I can do it, so can anyone else.
The brown layer also peeled off much easier than last time.
For dinner, I made this tasty chicken curry. It was a shame I didn't have any fresh coriander leaves to top it off, because that would have made it even better.
Aromatic chicken curry (serves 2)
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly ground ginger
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 300g chicken fillet, diced
- 1/2 medium butternut, diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
1. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and sautee onions, garlic, ginger and fenugreek seeds for a few minutes until the onions are soft.
2. Add chicken and fry until browned.
3. Add butternut, zucchini, parsnip and spices and stir-fry for a few minutes.
4. Add coconut milk and cover the pan with a lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
5. Serve hot and enjoy!