Pages

February 11, 2011

Sesame meatballs and roasted romanesco

Sesame meatballs with roasted romanesco

It's weekend again!
I'm so glad it is.. During the week, I usually come up with so many things to do for the weekend. Fun stuff, but things that just need to be done too. (cleaning for example, but that's not half as bad when you put your favourite music on)
I wanted to make myself a nice dinner tonight, without spending too much time in the kitchen because I knew I'd be hungry when I got home. So when I found myself having an extra 15 minutes this morning, I already chopped up my romanesco. Apparently 15 minutes isn't nearly as long when you've already eaten.
When I got home I put 1/2 of my romanesco florets on a baking tray with parchment paper, sprinkled them with olive oil, popped them into the oven and roasted them at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes. Sounds like an easy way to prepare it. Normally I'd stir-fry romanesco, but most recipes I found online were about roasting it so I figured I'd give it a try to see what everyone was talking about. It tastes so much better when roasted!! The roasting brings out the flavour of this wonderful veggie even more.


During those 25 minutes, I made myself some meatballs to go with the romanesco. Easy does it, and what a delicious meal!
The picture I put up isn't the best one I've made so far, but I was hungry so it had to be done quickly.

While cycling home, I noticed something strange. I've seen this happening before, but I still think it's weird: a woman was encouraging the traffic light to turn green.. Like 'come onnn, hurry up' and when it finally turned green 'that's about time!'. Why?? I asked myself..
I can totally understand that when you're in a hurry, you're wishing the light to turn green, in your head. But do people really think it helps to yell at the light?? As if it's got ears, or a sensor and it thinks 'oh hey, she wants me to turn green, well, I might just do that in a little while when she's about to cross and I see a police car coming'.
The worst thing is that I've only seen women doing it so far..
I guess I'll never get it!
Let's move on to the recipe:


Sesame meatballs (serves 2)
- 250g ground lean beef
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp coconut oil

1. In a food processor, pulse together all ingredients except for the coconut oil.
In case you don't have a food processor, just mash it all together with a fork, will take a little longer, but the result will be just fine.
2. Form approx. 16 small meatballs from the mixture with your hands, or by using a spoon.
3. Heat coconut oil in a skillet or frying pan, and drop in the meatballs.
4. Reduce heat to medium and fry for approx. 10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked. Turn them regularly so they'll brown on all sides.
5. Serve with some veggies, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment