Pages

February 5, 2011

Cajun chicken and red cabbage

Cajun chicken and red cabbage

This afternoon I made myself some red cabbage for lunch, topped with cajun chicken. Over the weekend, I usually cook 3 times a day and I love it!
I simply fried the red cabbage for a few minutes, added a diced apple and some ginger and cinnamon, stirred well and finally I added some water and covered the pan with a lid. Really easy, and while that was simmering I prepared my cajun chicken which I wanted to have with it.
Of course you can basically serve this chicken dish with any veggies of your choice. They're probably really good when added to a salad too.

Cajun chicken (serves 2)
- 300g chicken fillet, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp cajun spices (I used Fiddes Payne brand)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a skillet or frying pan.
2. Fry the onions for a few minutes until soft.
3. Add the diced chicken and fry until browned.
4. Add the cajun spices and fry until the chicken is cooked.
5. At the last moment, add the lemon juice and fry for a few more seconds.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment