Pages

February 7, 2011

Colourful salmon stir-fry

Colourful salmon stirfry

And here's my second recipe for today. The savoy cabbage I'd bought didn't look good enough to keep too long in my fridge, and I had some leftover purple cabbage that still needed to be used. Add to that an onion, salmon fillets and some curry pasta and you've got yourself a tasty meal. So as you probably understand, making this dish was pretty easy!
I love how simple it is to make a curry, and how tasty the result can be!




The beef stew I planned to make is still simmering, but it smells really good. And I think my dinner has given me enough energy again to go for a run now. Too bad the sun has already gone behind the clouds again.. And it won't be too long before it's dark again either.
If only it was Summer again, or Spring..
But I guess that would make my meals totally different too!

Colourful salmon stir-fry (serves 2)
- 2 salmon fillets, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 heaping tablespoons Korma curry paste (I used Geo Organics Korma paste)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- handful raw cashews
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a wok or frying pan.
2. Fry chopped onion and garlic for a few minutes until soft.
3. Add salmon and fry until browned.
4. Add cabbage and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until it's starting to wilt.
5. Stir in curry paste and coconut milk and stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes until done. Add lemon juice during the last minute.
6. Divide over 2 bowls and serve with coriander leaves and cashews on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment