Pages

February 23, 2011

Purslane lemon mash

Purslane lemon mash

Another purslane recipe today! I have a whole bag full of it, so I thought I'd better use it, before it goes bad.
I also had half of a celeriac left, and together with garlic it made a great puree in my last recipe, so I decided to experiment with it some more. With some lemon and purslane, it worked out very well.
I topped it with some sardine fillets, but any other fatty fish or even grilled chicken fillet would work great as well.

Purslane lemon mash (serves 2)
- 1/2 celeriac, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- zest of 1 lemon
- black pepper
- 4 cups of washed and roughly chopped purslane

1. Steam celeriac cubes and garlic in a steamer for approx. 12 minutes, until fork tender.
2. Puree with a hand blender to a smooth consistency.
3. Stir in lemon zest, pepper and purslane until well-combined.
4. Divide over 2 plates and top with meat or fish of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment