Pages

February 10, 2011

Banana curry and travelling

Banana curry

While on the train yesterday, I was reading my 'Discover America' magazine, which I took with me from the national 'holiday fair' last month. Travel magazines and me usually go together very well and they keep me entertained for a long time.
I think I know where my next trip will take me! (after going to New York and Australia that is) I think I'll go back to the USA, and drive from Seattle to Chicago, or the other way around! I'll need about a month, and I'll definitely visit Yellowstone NP and Colorado! I've heard great stories about Colorado, especially foodwise, and the nature is supposed to be beautiful too. Then there's Chicago, with its 'Magnificent Mile', for awesome shopping purposes! Ahh, I can hardly wait..
Furthermore, I simply love driving, and from what I experienced from driving in the USA during my trip in 2009 it's an excellent location. I love the many different types of landscapes and nature in the USA. So I might just go there! It would be great if I'd have more than a month to stay, then I could drive all the way through to Florida..


Of course I can't wait to go to Australia either! I'm going to make up a global route and figure out what it's going to cost me all together soon. If it's too expensive, I might go to the USA instead, or just take a shorter trip somewhere else. I don't know yet. All I do know is that I love to travel, and especially planning it!

For dinner I had this banana curry today, very easy to make, and very, very tasty because of the banana. My mom's the one who first introduced me to banana added to a curry. It adds so much flavour and makes a simple dish even better.
As usual, I've got myself another portion for tomorrow's breakfast!

Banana curry (serves 2)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 300g turkey fillet, diced
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into smaller florets
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 20-30g creamed coconut (or 3/4 cup coconut milk)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a wok and fry the onion until soft.
2. Add turkey fillet and fry until browned on all sides.
3. Add broccoli and stir-fry for a few minutes.
4. Add curry powder, creamed coconut and 3/4 cup of water, or add the coconut milk if you're using that instead.
5. Reduce heat to medium and stir-fry for approx. 5 minutes until broccoli is fork tender.
6. Add banana slices, stir-fry for another minute.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Southern Utah has some of the prettiest scenery in the US, in my opinion. Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Escalante, Antelope Canyon, and of course, the Grand Canyon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin! Southern Utah is very pretty indeed, I've been there 2 years ago and loved it! Haven't seen Zion NP yet though, so I might just go there too.

    ReplyDelete