Pages

February 28, 2011

Pumpkin soup

Pumpkin soup

Day 1 without eating fruits and nuts, going really well so far. Yesterday evening I got sick all of a sudden, so I hadn't eaten anything from noon until this morning. Still wasn't too hungry, but I figured I should eat something to get myself started so I had some beef stew with spinach and zucchini which kept me going all morning. I even cycled to the market, still a bit weak-legged but I made it, and got way too enthusiastic while stocking up on the veggies again.
My fridge looks like one colourful food collection, there's cauliflower, beets, daikon, kohlrabi, turnips, carrots, broccoli, brussels sprouts, paprika, purslane and much more. So I better start cooking now before it goes bad.
But first I need to go to the store and buy myself some new containers to store all the meals I'm going to freeze. I just don't have enough of those..

For lunch I had some leftover fritatta from yesterday, which turned out to be very good when cold too. I served it with a simple pumpkin soup; a bowl full of tasty goodness :)
That'll surely make me feel all better.

Pumpkin soup (serves 2)
- 2 cups chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped

1. Bring the stock with the onion, butternut and ginger to a boil and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
2. Puree with a hand blender until smooth and divide over 2 bowls.
3. Serve with coriander leaves on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment