Pages

February 5, 2011

Cardamom spinach omelet

Cardamom spinach omelet

I can hardly believe it myself, but today's only the second day I'm having eggs for breakfast. Which means I drastically reduced my egg intake from 14 a week to only 6. Not that I don't like them anymore, but as I've said before, I like having some chicken or meat better. And I figured a person could also eat too many eggs..
Today I didn't have any leftovers I could have for breakfast however, and I thought a big omelet would be nice.
This spinach omelet has a bit of an Indian flavour by using cardamom.
I had it together with some fresh coconut to keep me full a little longer. Fresh coconut is one of my favourite comfort foods, and it's very nutritional as well.


Cardamom spinach omelet (serves 1)
- 200g frozen organic spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 small handful of raisins
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a skillet or frying pan.
2. Sautee the spinach until completely defrosted, add onion and sautee for a couple of minutes until soft.
3. In the mean time, whisk together the eggs with the coconut milk in a bowl.
4. Add the raisins, black pepper, cardamom and ginger to the spinach mixture and stir well. Spread everything out over the bottom of the pan.
5. Pour the eggs over the spinach and cook over medium low heat until the bottom of the omelet has browned and the top is solid.
6. Flip the omelet by using a plate (it doesn't hold that well when you use a spatula) and cook the omelet for another couple of minutes until the other side has browned as well.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment