Pages

July 19, 2011

Whole 30 - Day 30!! What did I learn?

Day 30! Or actually, day '31'.
Why am I posting this a day late? I wanted to let you know what happened to my body on the outside, which I didn't measure until this morning.
So, here they are, my measurements:
Before - After
Weight: 60 kg - 57,4 kg
Waist: 69 cm - 66 cm
Hips: 90 cm - 88 cm
Thighs: 53 cm - 50 cm


And, best of all, I definitely got leaner!


Now that we've got that covered, let's get on to the part where I tell you what I've learned from this Whole30. After all, I didn't do this just for the sake of doing it, I was hoping to learn something from it and so I did.
1. I am perfectly able to survive without overeating on potato chips and paleo cookies on weekends. 
2. I even feel much better without those foods.
3. Planning meals is easy, as long as you make big batches every time.
4. My cravings for carbs are 99% gone!!
5. I love meat. (oh wait, I already knew that..)
6. It's hard to find a good balance between protein and fat intake, I found that I don't start leaning out until I eat some more protein and a little less fat.
7. I do miss eating nuts every once in a while, they just make some dishes even better.
8. Coconuts are awesome!
9. I don't need food to reward or comfort myself.
10. This program actually works!


Note: This morning (day 31) I made a carrot salad (recipe will be posted later on) and added a few raisins and walnuts. I wolfed it down, tasted pretty good, but all in all, it would have been equally good without the raisins and the walnuts. 'Missing' certain foods is just a mental problem after all!


And here's what I ate on my final day of the Whole30:


Whole 30 day 30 - 1
Breakfast:
Beet salad, 1/2 avocado and shredded chicken with roasted carrots and onions


Whole 30 day 30 - 2
Lunch:
Lettuce with tomatoes and carrot, and a 2 egg scramble with sardines and chives


Whole 30 day 30 - 3
Dinner:
Beef burgers with oven roasted cauliflower and some more beet salad

No comments:

Post a Comment