I was actually planning to make a lemon fish curry, but then I figured I'd better use some of my tomatoes and ended up making this tomato fish curry. I really liked it.
Luckily this virus hasn't killed my appetite or taste buds yet!
And, because of the huge amount of lycopene found in tomatoes, this dish is chock full of anti-oxidants. That's always good to know.
Tomato fish curry (serves 2)
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small can of concentrated tomato puree (70g)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander- 1 cup coconut milk
- 350g tilapia fillets, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil
1. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry garlic and spring onions until soft.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, cumin and coriander, and stir in the coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
3. Carefully drop in the diced fish and reduce heat to low. Simmer for approx. 10 minutes until the mixture has thickened and the fish is cooked.
4. Stir in the parsley at the last moment, serve hot and enjoy!