Pages

July 2, 2011

Spicy cauliflower fried rice

Whole 30 day 14 - 3


I finally used some of the cauliflower I had in my fridge. Since it was such a huge one, I riced half of it, and am going to use the other half for roasting.
I had already made a cauliflower fried rice recipe a little while back, but decided I might as well make a spicy variation and add some spinach. I know, you can't actually see that much of the rice in the picture because of the toppings (egg and sardines) I added, but trust me, it was good nonetheless. Well, enjoy!


Spicy cauliflower fried rice (serves 2)
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into smaller florets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 very hot chili pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil


1. Process the cauliflower florets in your food processor to a rice-like consistency.
2. Heat coconut oil in a wok or skillet and fry the onion and pepper until soft.
3. Add frozen spinach and fry over medium heat until you are able to mix it with the onions.
4. Stir in the cauliflower rice, coriander, ginger, chili flakes and black pepper and fry for approx. 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, and divide over 2 plates.
6. Add protein toppings of your choice and serve with some fresh cilantro on top. Enjoy!


Topping suggestions:
- shredded chicken
- scrambled egg
- beef stew
- pulled pork
- can of sardines
- shredded salmon
The options are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment