Pages

July 15, 2011

Whole 30 - Day 27

Can't believe it, but I've been hungry pretty much all day long.. Growling-stomach-hungry that is.
Could be explained by a lot of activity except for the fact that I hardly did anything today, except for sitting on my couch, watching movies, planning my trip, some reading.. And I cycled to the shopping center nearby (only 5 minutes of cycling..), just to see how some activity would feel and because I needed a few things. I impulsively bought another eggplant, but I have yet to turn it into baba ghanoush. (and I certainly will do that soon! I think it'll taste great with walnuts too..)
How's that for an addiction? Baba ghanoush, of all things.. At least it's healthy!
Way better than my pre-Whole30 addiction to potato chips! (and nutty cookies, 'paleo' baked goods, etc etc) I don't even crave chocolate anymore. Not that I'll never eat it again, but it feels good to know that I am able to survive without a cocoa fix every now and then.


As far as that virus goes, I slept 9 1/2 hours last night, already felt better but still a bit light-headed and weak this morning. But I feel pretty good by now! I really miss being active and want to go out for some sports, I simply have too much energy now.. That's a really good sign I guess! If my body was still using up all its energy to battle a virus, I would never feel this way.


The planning for my trip is almost done now.. Just a few more things to look up. I'm going pretty slowly since I get all enthusiastic about every place I'm planning to go to and end up endlessly surfing google maps and other websites with information on what to do and where to go/eat/shop. I can even get lost in time while checking out restaurant menus..
By the way, I made a really nice dinner today! My mom had given me some lamb steaks last Monday and I decided to grill those today. This was the first time I successfully grilled a steak, without it getting all tough and chewy! Maybe because it was such good quality meat.. I also oven roasted some of my uncle's organic home-grown carrots and shallots, and some broccoli too, topped with fresh rosemary. Especially those shallots were really tasty!
And it's a super easy dish to make. Just chop the veggies into equal pieces, drizzle with olive oil and pop them into the oven on a parchment paper lined baking tray at 200 degrees Celsius for approx. 20 - 25 minutes. Done!
Here's what else I ate today:


Whole 30 day 27 - 1
Breakfast:
Leftover egg salad, mixed with a diced cooked chicken breast, and stir-fried kohlrabi and swiss chard


Whole 30 day 27 - 2
Lunch:
Salad with leftover tomato fish curry, tomatoes and parsley


Whole 30 day 27 - 3
Dinner:
Grilled lamb steak (delicious!!), a fried egg and oven roasted carrots, shallots and broccoli with fresh rosemary and parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment