July 4, 2011
Lime chicken salad
I simply keep enjoying the many ways you can use shredded chicken. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it! Today I created a salad with it, along with some avocado, cabbage and carrots and a creamy coconut, lime and cilantro dressing. Really easy to create, and tasty too.
I served it with some roasted beets and called it lunch. Easy does it.
Lime chicken salad (serves 2)
- 300g cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly grated
- 1/4 cabbage, grated
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2/3 cup coconut cream
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, carrot, cabbage and avocado.
2. In a small bowl, stir the lime zest and juice and the cilantro in the coconut cream until well combined.
3. Scoop the dressing over the chicken and vegetable mixture and mix well to create a salad.
- Scoop some of the salad into lettuce or cabbage leaves and roll them up to make easy lunch rolls.
- Serve on top of a thin omelet, along with some lettuce and fresh tomatoes
- Serve on top of these Paleo Chips from Jen's Gone Paleo
- Or scoop some of it on Elana's Almond pulp crackers
Or eat it just the way it is, like I did! As long as you enjoy it!