Pages

July 13, 2011

Egg salad

Whole 30 day 25 - 1

I don't really have a better picture than the one above, but this was my breakfast this morning. Including a yummy egg salad!
It had been a really long time since I had egg salad. Before going paleo, I used to eat it on my lunch sandwiches every now and then, store-bought, loaded with additives egg salad.
Since I'm too lazy (or afraid it won't work) to make mayonnaise, I figured I'd make my salad with mashed avocado and some coconut cream. Tastes differently, obviously, but really good nonetheless.
The best thing about this is that I have 2 servings left for the next few days!

Egg salad (serves 2-4)
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- lemon pepper


1. Peel the eggs, chop them up and transfer them to a bowl.
2. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, transfer to an other bowl.
3. Add the coconut cream to the avocado and mash it all together with a fork.
4. Stir the chives, spring onions, lemon juice and lemon pepper into the avocado mixture until well-combined.
5. Add the avocado mixture to the eggs, and mix well.
6. Serve cold, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment