Pages

July 16, 2011

Whole 30 - Day 28

I'm kind of late posting my food intake for the day today, but I just got back from the cinema.. I watched the latest (and last) Harry Potter movie and it was pretty awesome!! And even though I haven't read any of the books, nor am a huge HP fan in secret, I loved the movies!


Besides that, I also did my very first pull up from dead hang today! Cool huh? Yeah, I'm proud of it! Pull ups are awesome!
Still struggling with the double unders though.. But I got 2 today, already double the amount of what I had last week.
The WOD we did at CrossFit Twente was really tough, we did a relay race with teams of 2. I was on the Paleo team, and just because of that fact, we were awesome. (didn't win, but that doesn't matter)
We did 16 rounds of: 10 burpees, 10 box jumps, sandbag run (so every person did 8 rounds in total)
I had to start by learning how to clean the sandbag onto my lower arms and then toss it over my head onto my shoulders. My shoulders actually have bruises on them, but I did it! I love the feeling you get after a CrossFit workout; tired, yet satisfied, and because it never takes a really long time to complete a WOD, it doesn't take too long to recover from it.


As you might have figured out already; I'm all better! Luckily :) I hate it when it takes a long time to recover from a virus.. But I guess a few days of rest, taking some extra supplements and, most importantly, eating well, works magic on your body and immune system.


Well, it's actually time for bed already, so I'm going to show you what I ate today. (day 28! 2 more days to go) I just realised I ate 2 chicken breasts, 1 steak, 1 mackerel fillet and 4 eggs today. That's a whole lot of protein! (approx. 140g)


Whole 30 day 28 - 1
Breakfast:
Leftover pumpkin and swiss chard mash, with lamb steak, chicken breast and chives


Whole 30 day 28 - 2
Lunch: (post WOD)
Chicken breast with a 2-egg fritatta with some chard, spring onions, tomatoes and parsley


Whole 30 day 28 - 3
Dinner:
Leftover oven roasted veggies with smoked mackerel and 2 scrambled eggs with chives

No comments:

Post a Comment