January 2, 2011
Coffee apple cake
Happy New Year everyone!!
I hope all of you have had a wonderful New Year's Eve and I wish everyone the best for 2011. Let's hope it'll be a good year!
For everyone who didn't start with a traditional weight loss diet as of yesterday, here's a tasty piece of cake you can make to give your new year a good start.
It's my adapted version of Elana's Honey Cake, which is also really good, although a little too sweet to my taste.
The best thing about this recipe is that it never ever fails! It's totally fool proof and tastes good every single time you make it. Even people who think everything that doesn't include grains, dairy and sugar is unedible like it a lot.
In case you have any leftovers (which is unlikely, to be honest), you can always freeze it to enjoy at a later moment.
Coffee apple cake (serves 6-8)
- 2 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cookie spices (or a mixture of ground cloves, nutmeg and ginger)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease a brownie tin or tart pan.
2. In a bowl, mix almond flour, baking powder and spices. Add eggs, coffee, agave and coconut oil and mix until well-combined and a smooth batter has formed.
3. Stir in apple, nuts and raisins, and pour the batter into the prepared baking tin.
4. Bake for approx. 35 minutes until golden brown.
5. Let cool for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!