January 18, 2011
Here's my first attempt using my parsnip banana puree; Pancakes!
They make a great breakfast when still hot, or you can enjoy them as a cold snack. They taste great either way.
Parsnip pancakes (makes 10 pancakes)
- 1 cup parsnip banana puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp coconut oil
1. Mix the parsnip puree with the eggs, cinnamon and coconut flour until well combined.
2. Heat 1/2 tsp coconut oil in a frying pan and drop a heaping tablespoon of the parsnip mixture in, slightly flatten it with the back of your spoon.
3. Fry over low heat for about a minute, until the bottom has browned, then carefully turn the pancake with a spatula.
4. After another minute, transfer pancake to a plate. You can fry up to 3 pancakes at a time this way.
5. Repeat process until you've used up all the batter.
Serve hot or cold and enjoy!