Pages

January 13, 2011

Cauliflower and salmon risotto

Cauliflower salmon risotto

When I saw fresh heads of cauliflower at the market, I immediately thought of making this dish. The first time I made it was over a year ago and ever since it's a favourite to enjoy year round. It's kind of my 'feelgood dish'. (or one of them at least)
'Graining' the cauliflower used to be huge time-consuming crime for me, because I did that in my blender.. So today I tried it with my Magimix, and.. Wow! It was done within 30 seconds and nothing got messy. I love my Magimix!!
The next thing I'm going to use it for is grating parsnips. Let's hope that's just as easy!

Cauliflower and salmon risotto (serves 2)
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into smaller florets
- 2 salmon fillets, cubed
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 winter carrot, grated
- 1 apple, in small cubes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 handful of raisins
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian herbs, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until you've got a grain-like texture.
2. Heat coconut oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the salmon cubes until browned.
3. Add spring onions and shallot and stir fry until soft.
4. Add carrot, cauliflower and apple, stir-fry for a minute or so and add coconut milk.
5. Keep stir-frying until you've reached a thick and creamy texture. Reduce heat.
6. Stir in raisins, Italian herbs and pepper and heat for another minute.

Serve hot and enjoy!
Serving options: tastes great with almond slivers and/or dry roasted pine nuts on top.

If you've got some leftovers, this is an easy dish to keep in the freezer, or you could enjoy it cold for breakfast or lunch the next day. (I've tried it, and it works!)

No comments:

Post a Comment