Pages

January 24, 2011

Chicken and parsnip stir-fry

Chicken parsnip stir-fry

Guess what? They had more parsnips at the market today! And finally some good looking coriander leaves too. I had been waiting for that for over a month already, so of course I bought a bunch.
Doesn anyone have any ideas on how to freeze coriander leaves? I don't have a clue how to do that..
Besides those I also got some big zucchinis (I want to make some new dishes with those, so if anyone has some ideas?), cauliflower, broccoli, lemons, avocados, apples, bananas, chicory, carrots and onions. At the supermarket I got myself lots of organic beef; chipolata sausages, beef strips, ground beef, and some chicken fillet and calf meat sausages. I've never eaten calf meat before, so I hope they'll be good! The only thing I forgot to buy is fish.. But I guess I'll get that another time this week.
In between going to the market, doing groceries, doing the laundry and watching lots of episodes of House (I totally love that show!), I made myself this quick stir-fry for lunch. It's quick, easy and tastes very good, so enjoy!

Chicken and parsnip stir-fry (serves 2)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 300g chicken fillet, diced
- 1 large winter carrot, chopped
- 1 leek, in rings
- 5 parsnips, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the onions and garlic until soft, don't let it burn.
2. Add the diced chicken and fry until browned.
3. Add the carrot, leek and parsnip and stir-fry for a couple of minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water and keep frying.
4. Stir in the cumin and coriander, stir-fry until the water has completely evaporated. At this point the veggies should be cooked and the chicken nice and tender.
5. Divide over 2 plates and serve with the coriander leaves on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment