Pages

January 14, 2011

Parsnip cake

Parsnip cake 1

It worked! My Magimix grates parsnips so easily! And I'm glad it did because it saves me so much work.. (and painful arms..)
I bought 1kg of parsnips at the market last Monday so I had to figure our a way to use them. Since my parsnip cookies turned out so well last time, I figured I might use them in a cake as well. So instead of a carrot cake, I made a parsnip cake.
It's completely fruit sweetened, by using bananas and raisins, so it's not as sweet as the usual carrot cake. It tastes great though! I absolutely love it! (and I might just keep the whole thing for myself to enjoy ^^)
For a little variation, you could also add some chopped walnuts to the batter.

Parsnip cake 2

Parsnip cake (serves 8)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 1/2 cup shredded parsnip (2-3 parsnips)
- 1 cup raisins

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease a round 9 inch springform pan (or cake pan) with some oil.
2. In a food processor, blend bananas, eggs and coconut oil into a smooth puree.
3. Add almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and process for 10-15 seconds until you've reached a smooth consistency.
4. Stir in shredded parsnip and raisins until well combined.
5. Scoop the batter into the prepared springform pan and bake in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool for about an hour and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment