January 30, 2011
My last bake for the next couple of months.. So I made sure it's a good one!
I wanted to get rid of the chocolate I had left so I figured I'd make brownies; coconut brownies. Yum!
It's only got 6 ingredients and you've got yourself a wonderful dessert or Sunday treat.
They have a rich chocolate taste, with a crunchy coconut texture, while still a bit moist on the inside.
Coconut brownies (serves 4-6)
- 150g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease a small brownie or pie tin.
2. Boil some water in a saucepan and put the chocolate in a bowl. Put the bowl over the boiling water, making sure it doesn't touch the water.
3. Add the coconut milk to the chocolate and stir well until the chocolate has melted completely and you've aquired a smooth mass.
4. Stir in the eggs.
5. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut and baking powder.
6. Stir the chocolate mixture into the almond-coconut mixture until well combined.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared brownie tin and bake for approx. 20-25 minutes in the middle of the oven.
8. Let it cool for an hour or so and serve.
Would be great with some ice-cream!