Pages

January 17, 2011

Celeriac beef stew

Celeriac beef stew

Here's another stew recipe. I had some beef strips in my freezer and wanted to make something good with them. Normally they always end up being too tough when I just stir-fry them, so a stew was a much better option for me.
Luckily Monday is my day off, so I've got lots of time for cooking. While this was simmering I also made some lemon avocado mousse and parsnip banana puree. It also was a nice way of using my celeriac, besides of pureeing it like I did last time.
The stew tastes great, especially when served with a green salad.

Celeriac beef stew (serves 2-3)
- 1 celeriac, peeled and diced
- 300g beef strips
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp dried green herbs (coriander, parsley, etc)
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan or Dutch oven.
2. Fry the onion, garlic and ginger until the onion is soft. Don't let them burn.
3. Add the celeriac, fry everything for about a minute and add beef and almond flour.
4. Fry for another minute, then add herbs and spices, mix well.
5. Add 400ml water and bring to a boil, cover the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2.5 hours.
6. Remove the lid from the pan and simmer for another 20-30 minutes, until most of the fluids have evaporated and the stew is as thick as you want it to be.

Serve with a green salad and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment