Pages

January 16, 2011

Lemon cauliflower rice with curry chicken

Lemon cauliflower rice and curry chicken

While thinking about what to do with the cauliflower and lemon I had left over, I figured I might as well combine them into one dish. It turned out tasting really well! And even better, it was done pretty quickly. The whole dish, including cutting the chicken and veggies, took me only about half an hour to make.
It's quite different from my cauliflower risotto, because I used less coconut milk (making it less creamy) and of course different spices. To be honest, I think this version is even better and I'm definitely going to make it again.
Tomorrow it's market day again, I wonder what they'll have to offer this time. I'm hoping for more parsnips.. And some good coriander too.

Lemon cauliflower rice with curry chicken (serves 2)
- 300g chicken fillet, cubed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 heaping tsp curry powder
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 winter carrot, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp coconut oil

1. Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor until you've got a grain-like texture.
2. Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until soft.
3. Add the chicken and fry until browned. Add curry powder and fry until chicken is covered with it. Reduce heat to low and add 1/4 cup of water. Fry for a few more minutes until cooked.
4. In the mean time, heat the remaining tsp of coconut oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the cauliflower, leek, carrot and apple for a minute or so.
5. Add raisins and coconut milk and stir-fry for a few more minutes, until the leek is soft.
6. During the last minute, add coriander leaves, lemon zest and juice and stir well.
7. Serve the lemon cauliflower rice with the curry chicken on top while still hot. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment