Pages

December 30, 2010

Parsnip fritters

Parsnip fritters

I couldn't resist making these this morning.. As you might have noticed I totally love having fritters, especially for breakfast, but I'd never tried making them with parsnip before.
And since I had a parsnip in my fridge, waiting to be used before the new year arrives.. I made parsnip fritters!
And they were really good, if not the best fritters I made until now.

Parsnip fritters (serves 1)
- 1 small parsnip, grated
- 1 small winter carrot, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Add all ingredients to a bowl, except for the oil and stir until well combined.
2. Heat half of the oil in a frying pan and put in a heaping tablespoon of the parsnip mixture, add 2 more heaping tablespoons, leaving about an inch in between the fritters.
3. Reduce heat to medium and turn fritters after a few minutes.
4. After approx. 2 minutes, check if both sides have nicely browned, and transfer the fritters to a plate.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 with the remaining mixture. Makes 7 fritters.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment