Pages

December 13, 2010

Turnip (and zucchini) frittata

Turnip zucchini bake 2

This was what I had for breakfast this morning. I prepared it yesterday and just reheated it today, because I like having a warm breakfast.
At first I only wanted to use turnips for this, but unfortunately, I didn't have enough to fill my oven dish. A zucchini came to mind and, luckily, it made a good combination. I would recommend to use turnips only though.
Today I bought myself some new turnips at the market as I'm not done experimenting with them yet. I also bought another daikon, some kohlrabi and parsnips (and much more, but I won't list everything now). Parsnips have become one of my favourite veggies lately and I can't wait to make other dishes with them. Does anyone have any ideas on what to cook with my parsnips?

Turnip frittata (serves 2)
- 3 large turnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Divide turnip slices over the bottom of a small oven dish.
3. Add rosemary, thyme and pepper to the beaten egg and stir well. Pour over turnips.
4. Cover the oven dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 50 minutes.
5. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes until browned. Serve warm and enjoy!

Of course you could add some other ingredients to this dish as well; onions for example, or sundried tomatoes. Whatever you like!

Turnip zucchini bake 1

No comments:

Post a Comment